D.P.A.C. Meeting Minutes
Monday, September 16, 2019
1. Welcome and Introductions
DPAC representatives were welcomed, and DPAC executive, district senior administrative staff, and trustees present were introduced.
2. District Presentation: Strategic Plan
It is constructed on what worked in the past, what needs to be improved
upon. It will be available in the coming weeks in print form and on website.
Strategic Priorities consists of five parts:
An Inclusive and Caring Community
An Inspired Workplace
Strengthened By Partnership
A Modern, Safe, and Sustainable Learning Environment
1. Implementing a strength-based approach that would include all the needs of students
2. Focus on careers for adult learners
An Inclusive and Caring Community:
1. Mental Health and well-being for all
2. Create supportive, inclusive, and caring learning communities (rainbow crosswalk )
An Inspired Workplace:
1. To develop and implement a mental health and wellness strategy to insure the well-being of every staff member
2. Increase support to empower employees
Strengthened By Partnership:
1. Collaboration with community partners and input of students and families (Photo and Ministry announcement for three new playgrounds)
2. Increase opportunity for student engagement
A Modern, Safe, and Sustainable Learning Environment:
1. Increase the District’s knowledge of climate Change and decrease their environmental impact
2. Focus on Capital Projects
4. Table Top Activity: DPAC Executive Questions for General Membership
What do You Want From DPAC This Year?
Parent outreach and engagement
DPAC Rep for special needs interest
Keyboarding in elementary schools
What is BCCPAC?
5. DPAC Updates: Vendor Fair canceled, not enough vendors. Will have social instead.
PAC 101 is being held on October 8th .
6. At Our School – Show & Tell:
Carnival @ Suncrest: October 3rd from 3:30 to 6:30
7. Question & Answers
8. Next Meeting: October 21st
WEBSITE – www.burnabydpac.com Email your events to be published. COMMUNICATION – Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org