- This event has passed.
Substance Abuse and Vaping: Parent Info Night
November 6, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
What we say and how we talk about Substance use matters…
Build your knowledge and confidence in speaking with your child about vaping, drug and alcohol use…
In this session we will focus on:
- Current substance use trends. Societal and media influences around substance use. What you should know about substance use and the law.
- How to talk with your child about the substance they may be exposed to as they get older
- How to respond to a child who is exposed to peer substance use, experimenting with use or is struggling with substance use. Helping your signs of an overdose and how to respond.
- Increasing your confidence, competence and comfort level in discussing drugs and alcohol with your child.
- The importance of decreasing stigma when talking about substance use and addiction.
Presentation will be facilitated by:
Odyssey Substance Use Services
Fraser Health – Public Health Nurse
RCMP – Youth Investigation Team
Burnaby School District – Safe and District Counsellor